Well, I've had a blog for a while, but a few days ago, my friend Katherine invited me to hers, and I liked the layout SO much better than the one I've had on Xanga, so I switched. Today seems like a fitting day to start, too, because today is a special day for me :-)
Mike and I were married three years ago today. Those three years have flown by so quickly...it's really difficult to believe that it has been that long! We're about to start on another adventure~ one that I've been looking forward to for as long as I can remember. I've wanted a baby ever since I was a baby myself, and Mike, finally, feels ready. He told me so just a few days ago, with no prompting from me, and I've been on Cloud 9 ever since! I'd started to worry that we'd be unable to have kids, since we've never used any kind of protection against pregnancy, and I still am worried, but I never had the impression that he was, too. It was a battle I was essentially fighting alone, because none of my friends have problems there. On Sunday, though, our congregation had a Baby Blessing, where all the families with new babies were gathered in front and prayed over. It's a special day, but it's always been hard for me. I'd finally come to a slightly unstable peace with the idea that I may never give birth to a child, so I thought I'd be alright, but I hadn't taken into account how much I miss Alexis, my friend Natalie's baby, who I've been babysitting for since she was born. They just moved to Houston, and I took it pretty hard. Normally, during the baby blessings, I join the rest of the congregation, gathering around the new babies to pray, but I just grabbed Mike's hand and told him that I'd lose it if I went up there. He stayed with me. On the way home, he suggested that we start looking into adoption, which completely blew me away. He said that he was getting worried about the possibility of us being infertile, but that now he feels ready to be a dad, and he wants to start soon. He finally wants a baby! I'm still hoping for pregnancy, but we're exploring our other options. Please pray that we'll start our family soon!
I've also been out of college for six months now, and that's hard to process, too, I guess because I'm still living in Searcy. I'm really having fun, though...my dad and I opened a little gift shoppe just off the town square~ the Serendipity Shoppe! It's an all-day-every-day job, but it's relaxed and I really do have fun. From time to time, I'll probably post little updates on here when we get in new inventory or something, but I'm not particularly advertising. This is part of my life now, and I want my friends to know what's going on!
Well...that's where my life is right now...I'll *try* to keep this updated!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh, yay! I'm so glad that you started a blog! You'd better keep this updated. :P
Have you or Mike been tested at all or seen any doctors?
Post a Comment