Tuesday, April 20, 2010

That was weird.

I haven't yet decided whether to post about Mike's sentencing this past Friday or not. For now, I'll simply say that it brought up a LOT of old emotions. I'd prepared myself (or tried to, anyway) for that, but it's more intense than I'd expected. I've been thinking about him nearly non-stop ever since, which I think is perfectly understandable, but it is hard. Distracting. Anyway...

Yesterday afternoon, I was going through a canvas bin where I've stashed a bunch of papers & magazines & such until an opportunity presented itself to go through it. I was listening to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack & singing along...so glad no one could hear me! My hands landed on an envelope on which I'd scribbled a bunch of stuff about Mike...where he was being held, his lawyer's contact information, the expected length of his sentence, etc., and a few Bible verses that Taylor read to me while he was giving me all of that information. I was a little melancholy for a moment reading over it, but then put it aside. The next thing I picked up was the claim ticket for my wedding ring...I'd left it on consignment back in November or December, & promptly lost the ticket & have been looking for it ever since. I turned around & stuck it on my little magnet board, and then realized the lyrics of the song I was singing (the bold section is the part I was on)...

RAOUL
No more talk of darkness,
Forget these wide-eyed fears
I'm here, nothing can harm you
my words will warm and calm you
Let me be your freedom,
let daylight dry your tears.
I'm here with you, beside you,
to guard you and to guide you...

CHRISTINE
Say you love me every waking moment,
turn my head with talk of summertime...
Say you need me with you now and always...
Promise me that all you say is true
that's all I ask of you

RAOUL
Let me be your shelter
let me be your light
You're safe, No one will find you
your fears are far behind you...

CHRISTINE
All I want is freedom,
a world with no more night
and you, always beside me, to hold me and to hide me...

RAOUL
Then say you'll share with me
one love, one lifetime
let me lead you from your solitude
Say you need me with you here, beside you...
anywhere you go, let me go too
Christine, that's all I ask of you...

CHRISTINE
Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime...
say the word and I will follow you...
(right) BOTH:
Share each day with me,
each night, each morning...
(right) CHRISTINE
Say you love me...

RAOUL
You know I do...

BOTH
Love me - that's all I ask of you
Anywhere you go let me go too
Love me - that's all I ask of you...


I FROZE for a minute...chills & goosebumps & everything...then turned off the music & called Angela.

I really don't know what to say, other than it freaked me out a bit. I'm going to go pick my ring back up...I think I'm not quite ready to sell it yet.

1 comment:

Songbird154 said...

I thought that you said that the words to the song just randomly went through your head. I guess I didn't hear the part about you listening to the soundtrack. I didn't even know you had the soundtrack.

Cool.