Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ups & Downs

I'll start with the downs, just to get the negative stuff out of the way...

The Downs
I got a Netflix movie a couple of days ago that ought to have been really good. It is called "The Gin Game" and stars Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore. It was the first time they'd worked together in decades, and was described as basically a dramedy..."hilarity" and "poignant" were both used as descriptors. There's a certain innocence that is implied with their names, so imagine my disappointment when in nearly every sentence, Dick Van Dyke used curse words. He even used the f-word a couple of times, and so did Mary Tyler Moore. He threw a card table and beat it with a cane. It just didn't fit at all with the image the two of them have always had, and it was actually really sad to see. I watched it all, but at the end, my mouth just hung open in shock. After I picked my jaw up, I put in an old episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show, just to get my good image of them back. Oh well.

The Ups
Today, the ladies that own the building where my shoppe is located had a "garage sale" of sorts...they're owners of a furniture store, and everything was marked WAY down, and they gave away hot dogs and such. They had a pretty little round table and four chairs with a cherry finish, and were asking $349 for the set! Considering that Mike and I have been sitting in folding game chairs that are at least as old as I am, at a table that actually belongs to my parents, that sounded like an awfully good deal! So, tomorrow, we'll bring it home!

1 comment:

Songbird154 said...

okay. sorry. i'm annoying...
how did you add the blog list?