Wednesday, December 3, 2008
An Ending
My divorce was final yesterday. I won't post details here, because those that need to know them already do. I would like, however, to solicit prayers from anyone who happens to read this. Divorce isn't something that I ever expected to have to deal with. My family never expected it. We don't really know how to approach this other than prayer and seeking support of our friends and extended family, and I guess that's really all that I can do.
For something so emotional and life-altering, it was very quick and uncomplicated. That much is a blessing...I couldn't have handled something that was long and drawn out and bitter. However, after it was over, I cried and he and I hugged each other and we walked out of the courthouse with my family without any bitterness or anger, so as far as these things can, it went really well. I still love him, and I always will, as strange as that may seem. I hope that people will be understanding of that, even though I won't be able to share all of the details. I know it's going to be tough at church, where everyone knows us as a couple and where we can't give details. I can't help feeling like I'm disappointing everyone there, and that if only I could tell them everything, they'd understand, but I know that it wouldn't be fair to Mike. But, what's done is done, and I am very thankful that it is behind me now, and I can move on with the rest of my life.
I took back my maiden name and so far I haven't had any trouble with that...I've had to sign a few things for the Shoppe today and managed to do so without any hesitation, which I guess is a good thing. I suppose it's because I signed that way for so many years before.
I think that loneliness is setting in a little, though. Thankfully, I have an incredible support system in my friends and family here. I am blessed.
And now, I have a new beginning...I wonder where it will take me...!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love you! I'll be praying for you, too.
what a exciting and scary time! Always remember you are worth the effort!
You sound like a really strong person - I'm sure that this new chapter in your life will turn out to be wonderful. Good luck! x
It was a request. They call ALL the time. Early in the morning. LATE at night. Saturdays. Sundays. The most frequent calls are at 6 or 7:30 on Sunday nights. :(
Jerkfaces. :(
Post a Comment