Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Steps Forward

I finally was able to find the Social Security Administration building today, and so I am now officially back to my maiden name. Next, I'll be able to get a new driver's license with the correct name, but that'll take money that I don't have.

Yet.

I had a job interview on Friday with a counseling clinic that a friend of mine works for. They called me back yesterday and offered the job, so I'll be starting the first Monday after Christmas. I'm happy/sad about it. It is an income that I desperately need, and a position that doesn't sound like it'll be particularly difficult. However, it means that I won't be in my Shoppe much anymore, and I don't know what that will mean for the future of the Shoppe. I truly love being my own boss and choosing products and opening shipments (it's like Christmas any day that UPS or FedEx show up!) and I love watching people discover our treasures for the first time. My job at the clinic will be from 1-6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and all day every other Tuesday (I know, it's kinda strange) and I'll be making more per hour than I ever have before. That will let me be in the Shoppe in the mornings during the week, and all day on Saturdays. I'm thinking about maybe trying out a few Sunday afternoons, just to see if anyone shows up. I rather doubt it, but there is one other small gift store in town that's been opening from like 1-5 on Sunday afternoons. Might as well give it a shot, because it certainly won't hurt us.

SO...I have a new name and a new job. What's next, I wonder?

3 comments:

jessiefulks said...

I am so excited and happy for you! 2009 is going to be a great year, I just know it :-)

*kiss kiss kiss*

flashing58 said...

I am so happy about your new job!!! Huggles!!!!

Katherine said...

I now that you aren't a fan of working in an office, but I'm so happy that you were able to find a job that will help pay your bills :) I know that times are tough everywhere & that is definitely a blessing.

Congrats!