When I was little, one of my very favorite books was a Serendipity Book called Morgan Mine. It is about a very impatient princess and a unicorn. The princess, accustomed to always getting her own way, learns that she has to be patient and wait for the unicorn to come to her if she hopes to ever become friends with it.
The laptop I've been using is old. Old like...it has a floppy drive and an external wireless card. Old like...Mike's dad got it out of someone's trash and cleaned it up and sent it to us. The screen sometimes would go not blank, but neon green. It was about to break off. Mike used it for only-God-knows-what (I've not had the courage to open his profile, even to clear it out.) Obviously, I needed a new laptop, but had no money. I've been waiting, at first very impatiently, for a new one. I figured out that it would be a while before I'd have the finances to buy a new one, so rather than be impatient and unhappy, I decided to wait calmly and make do with what I had.
My parents bought me one, though! They surprised me a few nights ago with it and I've been working on transferring my pictures and documents over and so far, I LOVE it!
I've named it Morgan :-) It came to me on the eve of the closing of the Serendipity Shoppe. Serendipity Shoppe --> Serendipity Books --> Morgan Mine --> A lesson in Patience --> Patience rewarded --> Morgan is mine :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment