Well, I'm essentially done moving! I've got clothes, cats, books, and my bed, so I've got the basic needs taken care of ;-) I still have a few things at my house, and I'll be taking care of most of that this weekend (I sincerely doubt that the wardrobe box with my fall/winter clothes in it will fit in my car...that'll have to wait for my parents to make a trip here!) The Johnsons are moving into my house, and I'm SO glad that they are! They needed the space, and a decent place to live, since they seem to always get bad deals with their apartments. I think this is all going to work out well!
I'm still definitely new at my job, but I think I'm going to settle into it alright. I'm "nesting" in my apartment...trying to make it as homey as I can. I feel like I've made good progress toward that. Now the hard part comes...making friends here! I need to scout out the local coffee houses...I can't get to my Midnight Oil from here! I wonder how long it'll take for the people wherever I end up to know me like the MO folks did...they'd start making my drink when they saw my car pull into the parking lot! (And I'm really not exaggerating!) I figure that'll be a good way to meet some people. I know where I'll start looking, but it's a lot bigger than I'm accustomed to, so I don't know how easy it'll be for me to really get to know people. I feel like I've gotten spoiled at Covenant...it is going to be really difficult for me to find another congregation to call home after being part of such a wonderful family there! Keep me in your prayers for that!
Anyway...I feel like I'm rambling here, so I'll sign off for the night. I just wanted to let y'all know what's goin' on with me right now! If you're reading this, thank you for keeping up with me. I love you!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment