I borrowed from Sallie Mae. I know I have to pay that back. I know that the interest is exorbitant and that a lot of what they do really ought to be illegal. Can't do much about it, though, because I *did* borrow the money.
Mike borrowed from Sallie Mae. I was married to him at that time, and we knew that that money would have to be paid back. I co-signed for him on some of the loans, not really knowing what I was doing. Didn't even think about that it was stupid, since, had we stayed married & he couldn't make the loan payments, I wouldn't be able to either. I definitely wasn't thinking about what would happen if we got divorced, because I didn't see that ever happening.
It happened.
He got in trouble for some very sinister things and became abusive to me. I was a victim.
He's looking at a fairly definite 7-9 years.
And according to Sallie Mae, I WILL HAVE TO MAKE HIS PAYMENTS during that time. They're after me to make them now, in fact.
And I can't find any way around it.
I. AM. ANGRY.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I apologize in advance for my offensive language.
That. Is. Bullshit.
I understand that you signed a legal document. I can understand that being binding if you were still married.
But you are NOT married.
If this were any plethora of other situations, you would no longer be held responsible. I don't understand why that doesn't apply here.
Post a Comment