I cannot believe that, come April, it will have been ten years since I was in New York City. It was SUCH an incredible trip...we went to Les Miserables at the Imperial Theatre on Broadway. We went to the Statue of Liberty and to Staten Island. We sang at Lincoln Center and saw Julliard. We saw Times Square and the Rockefeller Center. We stood among the crowd outside of The Today Show. We went to the top of the Empire State Building at night and looked out over a field of lights that looked like myriad stars reflecting off of an ocean. My friend Kristina Thompson and I had our picture taken from the Liberty Science Museum with the Twin Towers behind us.
Even more difficult to believe than that is that just a year and a half later, those towers were reduced to rubble and smoke and dust.
Take a moment, look at these pictures, and Remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment