Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Miscellany of Thoughts

First (and this is the one keeping me up tonight, for some reason) - I'm going to visit Mike this coming Sunday, and I have NO. Idea. What. To. Wear. Pitiful, isn't it? But I don't know whether I should dress to the nines a la Holly Golightly visiting Sally Tomato in Sing Sing (read: cute dress like I'd wear to church, not the crazy getup she wore...) or do I go in jeans & a cute top? I'm not trying to impress him...just...I dunno...somehow bring him a little bit of joy that he doesn't get within the confines of the prison. I still absolutely believe that he needs to be there, and I will be vigilantly guarding my heart. I won't go back to him. But he needs true, supportive friends, and provided that I'm strong enough, I'd like to be one of them. But what do I wear?

Second - I dreamed about Lance last night. First time I'm aware of having done so. And I believe just enough that dreams can carry meaning that this one has me puzzled. He was trying to tell me something that I evidently believed was of great importance, but I was having real trouble staying awake. I was laying down, and he was sitting beside me with his hand on my forehead. I was either sick or freezing cold, because the warmth of his hand had the most incredibly soporific effect and I simply could NOT keep myself awake to listen to what he was saying. Anyway...like I said, I have no idea what it might mean, but I feel like it does mean SOMEthing.

Third - My resume is done. Ish. I had to re-write it from scratch...apparently it was the ONE important document I failed to save off of my old laptop before I destroyed it. I wrote up a new one, and Karen did some pretty major tweaking on it (I'm not talented at resume-writing...) and now I just need to figure out what my "career objective" is and how to write a decent cover letter. The resume itself is in pretty good shape, though!

Fourth - I am SORE. I spent the weekend painting the walls of the front, upstairs bathroom in my parents' house. 11 1/2-foot ceilings mean I had my arms raised over my head for a good portion of the weekend, and I didn't give myself a break, really...even at church, I had a PRECIOUS one-year-old in my arms most of the time :-) I don't mind that kind of workout at all :-D In the middle of all that painting, I noticed something. I was primarily working left-handed. I'm right-handed, but thanks to Kevin Pratt, I've eaten left-handed ever since 10th grade...but this is the first time that slight ambidexterity lent itself to anything other than food. It made me smile & has me wondering if I could learn to write well left-handed, too :-D It'll be something to practice in the dull hours of the afternoon at work.

Fifth - I recently started reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I know I have a book blog for this sort of thing, but...I'm her. Just without the money to actually travel. I'm still in Italy so far, but it has my mouth watering for good, authentic Italian food (especially gelato...Oh, how I love gelato!) and wanting to brush up on the language that I took three semesters of and have essentially entirely forgotten.

On that note, I'm going to go to bed. I might have to read myself to sleep (hoping she doesn't bring up food, or else I'll be too hungry to sleep!) So, buona notte, my friends.

No comments: